Monday, December 8, 2014

Cheering on my team!

Over the weekend I went to a salsa social to support my team while they performed! These girls are fantastic!


I've been training with Mambo Soul Melao (the ladies styling and technique group of Mambo Soul Dance Company) for a couple months now. I'm not performing yet; I still have a lot to learn before that happens. But if all goes well, I'll be performing next year. How did I become a part of this group? I just asked. I loved there routines and one day I decided to reach out to them. I'm glad I did!

"This new addition to the family was conceived by Marley and Justin in late 2012 as a creative avenue for our ladies to explore technique, shines, body movement and flavorful “Soulful” choreographies based on badass Mambo/Jazz/Boogaloo technique and a whole lotta Soul!!" - http://www.mambosouldance.com/ 

Mambo Soul is the most amazing and supportive group! I love their fun, retro vibe. And unlike a lot of other groups in Boston, they support women of all shapes and sizes, plus they support dancers of different faiths. It's all about skills with them. They know a plus size girl can be just as amazing, or even better, than the skinny girls. They provide such a positive environment to learn and improve. Monica, Marley and Justin are all great people with big hearts and I'm lucky to have them as friends.


Here are some more Mambo Soul performances:



And some social dancing videos:



Aren't they great?! The social dancing videos are all Marley and Justin. I'll have to get a video of me social dancing at some point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment