Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Inspiration

As I write this, it's almost Christmas. I thought I'd watch some dance videos while I wait for the celebrations to start. Here are some dancers/videos that I really like:

I have to start with Marta Khanna. When I was only 6 months into salsa I got the opportunity to be on a student team and learn Marta's choreography for about 2 months. She has a great mix of salsa and hip hop in her dancing, which makes her stand out to me.


^ In the student group, I learned part of this choreography. Only 1:04-2:29


^ This was the first routine I saw Marta perform






At the last Boston Salsa Festival, I was introduced to this brother and sister duo: Junior & Emily. So many spins! I like their choice of music too. 




I love fun routines, like this one from Mambo Dinamico



and this one from Nery & Giana 



Right here in Boston is the amazing Ana Masacote. I love her style! And I love that she always looks so happy. I want to look happy when I dance. 






Lately, I've been learning about Eddie Torres, AKA "The Mambo King." This guy is pretty important in the salsa world and I'm getting to see why. Since he is based out of NYC, only a few hours away, I'll go to his classes at some point (after I get better at dancing on2). His whole family and group of dance friends are incredible! I'm still getting to know who they all are, but I know they are fabulous!



^ I love how they dance to the music! So good!






There are so many great dancers in the world and I'm only scratching the surface! I'm so thankful for sources like YouTube that help us share, learn, and inspire each other. Maybe one day I'll be inspiration for a new dancer? You never know!

Merry Christmas & happy dancing!


No comments:

Post a Comment